Creativity is a faculty of our brain that is a very mysterious way. However, analyzing the functioning of people, who think differently from others. Psychologists have compiled a list of behaviors being adopted in creative individuals.
Creativity, as scientists define it, seems to escape the conventional method of operation of the brain (hemisphere rational and analytic left, creative and emotional right hemisphere). It is always tough to explain how the imagination works, even if it is necessarily linked to cognitive processes and emotions.
The different types of creative personalities are hard to spot by their paradoxical nature, complex and habits that out of the ordinary. Among these individuals, however, it is possible to find common features that you are listed here.
Here are 15 signs inherent to the “dreamers” who give them inspiration.
- They day dream mostly … Despite what you may hear at school, day dreaming is not necessarily a waste of time. The best ideas can also appear out of nowhere, often when we head in the clouds. A 2012 study even suggests that day dream could require significant brain activity. Sudden ideas would be related to this activity as having the ability to retain information when we are distracted.
- They observe everything that is around them … Creative people find inspiration everywhere and everything is likely to make their imagination. Many writers or other artists always have a book on them to note all sorts of comments in various situations.
- They work the hours that suit them … The most creative claim that they do is that they are more efficient when they work in the early morning or late evening. No matter the time slot that works best for the individual, it eventually finds his mind when in full operation and organizes his days on job.
- They spend most of their time alone … Artists are sometimes associated with lonely people. Although this is not necessarily the case, loneliness may be the trigger for the production of the finest works. This allows the mind to wander, as when daydreaming.
- They bypass the obstacles of life … The only consolation to be found when discussing painful stories and the difficult trials of life is that they were able to give birth to beautiful artistic creations. Contemporary psychology suggests that many people can transform their suffering into creative development. Art can be an outlet and a good way to feel better.
- They are always looking for new experiences … The unknown and new experiences are an engine for creativity as well as imagination. Creative people, like when they observe around them, can transform their experiences and see in inspiration.
- They learn from their failures … You can view failure as a prerequisite for creative success. It is, of course, necessary to persevere and learn from defeats. Creative work is sometimes defined as a process that assimilates a succession of failures until we find it suitable.
- They ask the right questions … Curiosity is not a fault of creative people. This leads them to discover many things constantly to develop their knowledge by asking relevant questions, either during a conversation or daydreaming. Wanting to know why the world is so much plays on inspiration.
- They observe people … People watching are associated with curiosity. Watch how walk, talk or act other individuals can be an endless source of inspiration and give rise to great ideas. Much of the books of Marcel Proust are based on the simple observation of people.
- They dare to take risks … Taking risks is literally part of the creative work of many artists like to take risks in different aspects of their lives.
- They speak as often as possible … Creative people tend to see the world and life as works of art. Creativity is an opportunity to express them in everyday life.
- They spend time in meditation … Creative people needed to have a clear mind and focused on completing their work. Many artists use meditation to reach a state of mind conducive to the expression of creativity. Science even supports several hypotheses claiming that meditation can have a real positive impact on inspiration. Other aspects such as memory, concentration or welfare are also likely to be improved.
- They escape by thought … Another objective of the daydream is to get us out of our way of classical thought, to push the boundaries of our mind. This echoes the “psychological distance”, a phenomenon that considers a question as if it was unreal, or as if it was another person who was trying to answer. All these ways of thinking can stimulate the creative work.
- They lose track of time … When concentrated on their favorite activities such as writing, dancing or painting, creative people fall into a kind of intellectual “trance” that goes beyond the conscious mind and enables them to improve their concentration. In this state, the individual becomes less responsive to external events but in return; do not see the time passing.
- They connect the dots … Connect the Dots are a metaphor meaning that sees possibilities where others cannot. Many great artists and writers believe that creativity can be translated as the ability to connect these points that others would never have thought to combine.
Thank you for reading and sharing this article.